North Las Vegas Casino Site Analysis & Projections:
- Analyzed the population growth and demographics for a casino site
in a major new residential and commercial development. Projected
potential gaming revenues for the next five years.
- Northwest Iowa Riverboat Analysis and Revenue Projections.
- Feasibility studies for two casinos in Nova Scotia.
- Feasibility studies for three casinos in Las Vegas.
- Feasibility study including detailed analyses and financial
projections for a casino resort located in South Reno that would focus
on the local customers.
- Feasibility study for a new downtown Reno casino hotel. Included
detailed analysis and financial projections.
- Feasibility study for a new casino located in a Northern Nevada
border town. Included analyses, financial projections, competition
assessment, and a review of the labor market.
- Studies for two casino projects in the Carson Valley area of
- Study and business plan for a casino combined with a House of Blues
entertainment facility in Reno.
Player Worth Observations:
- Observed a sample of 60 special program customers for a large Reno
casino to determine the types of games played, length of play, average
bets, and theoretical trip worth. Special program customers included
in the sample who went to competing casinos were also observed.
Results were compiled and analyzed to determine player worth for the
- Conducted a telephone survey of 600 Las Vegas visitors in the south
Las Vegas Strip area for a casino client. Detailed survey focused on
casino and resort visits, casinos where visitor gambled vs. hotels
where visitor stayed, gaming worth, and reasons for visiting and gambling at
each hotel casino.
- Conducted an Internet website survey of 460 casinos located in the
U. S. to determine slot mix in detail and best and worst performing
games by game names, manufacturers, and coin denominations.
- Conducted a telephone survey of 900 U. S. gaming establishments to
determine whether or not they had an online slot system, which system
they had, and the number of machines and table games connected to the
- Conducted a survey of Reno, Sparks, and Carson City local
residents' gaming, dining, entertainment, and recreational behaviors
and preferences. The project included extensive telephone interviews
with over 1,700 local residents including almost 900 local casino
gamblers. WGR compiled, analyzed, and reported the survey results to
- Conducted a survey of over 200 casinos located in the U. S.
regarding their respective slot machine mix by coin denomination, game
types, manufacturers, and performance. WGR compiled, analyzed, and
reported the survey results to the client.
- Currently conducting detailed table game and slot player counts at
a California Tribal casino as competitive intelligence for a key
- Studied the impact of the expansion of Nevada-style gaming at
California Indian casinos on the Reno Sparks gaming market
(proposition 1A, passed by the California voters in March of 2000,
authorized Nevada-style gaming in Indian casinos). Included was a
detailed analysis of the nine existing and the four proposed Indian
casinos that are located in Reno's primary northern California trade
- Conducted a gaming market analysis for a northern Nevada Indian
- Conducted a bingo facility feasibility study for a northern Nevada
- Conducted a detailed physical inventory of 18,000 slot machines at
eight large local casinos in Las Vegas for a casino client who will
use the data to configure slot mix for replacements and expansions.
Inventories included the names of games, manufacturers, coin
denominations, machine types, ticket in/out, progressive names and
jackpot amounts, cabinet types, WAPs, participation games, and poker
game names and pay tables.
- Conducted inventories of 50,000 slot machines at 27 U. S. and
Canadian casinos for a major slot machine manufacturer. Inventories
included game names, manufacturers, coin denominations, bonus
mechanisms, ticket in/out, WAPs, participations, and cabinet types.
Results were placed on WGR's website for confidential custom reporting
to the client.
- Conducted a physical slot machine inventory of the 38 existing
California Indian casinos including the number of slot machines by
manufacturers, coin denominations, and types, as well as the number of
Nevada style table games.
- Conducted a detailed slot machine inventory in five Tribal casinos
that serve Sacramento, California.
- Conducted a detailed inventory of slot machines with special
emphasis on video poker games at selected Las Vegas Strip casinos.
Video poker machines were inventoried in great detail by both game
types and pay tables.
- Studied the growth of casino style gaming in Reno's primary feeder
access (California, Oregon, Washington, and British Columbia). The
study included documentation of gaming capacity and revenue growth
since 1992 for Indian casinos, card clubs, state lotteries, and
British Columbia casinos.
Slot Payback Certification:
- Provided on-going certification of 100% or higher theoretical
payback for a video poker marketing program at a Mesquite, Nevada
casino. Also, provided verification and certification of win
percentages for slot machines and video poker machines for four Nevada
casinos (two located on the Las Vegas Offstrip and two in Reno.).
Other Consulting Projects:
- Served as a staff resource to assist in the preparation of a
business plan for a new casino during the construction phase.
- Conducted a pedestrian traffic study at a busy Las Vegas Strip
intersection that included four pedestrian bridges and connecting
- Provided expert testimony and analysis of ground leases and lease
payments associated with casinos located in Downtown Reno.
- Other expert testimony and litigation support.
If you have consulting needs, please call our office
at (775) 826-3232, or e-mail Richard Wells at
We will be happy to discuss your needs on a highly confidential